Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Demand it.


I am astonished lately at the lack of respect that guys/boys/men (whatever you want to call them) have for girls. I used to think it was all the fault of the guys; that they were just immature and had never learned how to treat a lady. But I'm starting to realize that maybe us girls are more at fault for it than we would like to think. It's a vicious cycle: they disrespect us, we let it happen and maybe even laugh it off, they think it's ok and then they continue to use and disrespect us. It will never, I repeat never stop, unless girls begin to learn to put their feet down and stand up for themselves. If I could talk to every girl in America, I would challenge them to do just that. Demand respect. And when you don't get it, move on. If more girls were willing to be ladies, more guys would feel challenged to be gentleman. Give it a try. It works.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it's a big problem for both guys and girls. For what it's worth, I'd like to think that I do my best to respect the girls in my life :)

    ReplyDelete